Honda VFR 800-F1

 on Thursday, November 4, 2010  

I was walking around the showroom at Motorcycle City one day when I noticed a 1999 Honda VFR800 in shiny red. This bike was and still is a legend and this particular model is well regarded as it is pre fuel injection and pre VTEC which was an unpopular modification on later models. The VFR was a 799cc V4, 160 MPH sports tourer which was absolutely bombproof. It is well known that these bikes are over engineered and will achieve massive mileages. This one was 8 years old with 6000 miles on the clock. It was immaculate and within days the CCM was traded in and it was ours for about £3,500. Annette did ride this bike but her preference was for the BMW. I had the best of both worlds and would alternate which bike I rode. I did many long trips on the VFR and it was faultless. I think that it was one of the best bikes that we have owned. It went through winters with typical Honda ease and the only thing I looked to replace was the exhaust for a stainless steel one, but I never did get round to it. We kept it for 2 years and I doubled the mileage on it in that time.

Honda VFR 800-F1 4.5 5 case Thursday, November 4, 2010 I was walking around the showroom at Motorcycle City one day when I noticed a 1999 Honda VFR800 in shiny red. This bike was and still...


Powered by Blogger.